Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pack Twice

Looks like I can't truly compose on the iPad so the font will change as I transfer the blog to the iPad.

We are only one day out from Rider and his parents arriving from LA and seven days from the plane flight to Rome. Today I unpacked my suitcase and took out about one-third of the clothes. The extraneous items including art supplies, beach towel, hair dryer and such take up about the same amount of space as clothes. There continues to be a lot of room in the bag and plenty of room in the carry-on. I think I'm doing well...do I truly need two pairs of walking sandals? I think "yes". It's so wonderful to be able to change shoes in the afternoon when you've been walking in all day. Wasn't planning to take athletic shoes but they were recommended by BU. Therefore, I threw in a light weight pair of Reeboks. Also opted for flat, dressy sandals rather than any heels to wear with the plain, but stylish, black "magic" dress.

I also decided to take only black and tan pants and tops that mix with both plus three throw-on dresses for sleeping, swim coverup or general wearing and the aforementioned black magic dress for dress-up. In addition, two small, trendy sweaters..one in black and one in yellow.

Baby Rider has his own zip loc bag for the carry on with a couple of miniature books, toy with chewable parts, sanitizer wipes and pouches of apple/banana baby food. Betsy will have more toys but I thought somethings he's never seen might be more amusing. Today I'll need to practice operating the stroller so I'll be proficient at handling that chore.

Hopefully, there will be a computer to use at the villa. This blogging is tough on the iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment