Saturday, May 28, 2011

Finishing Up, I Think

Can't believe it but I'm packed except for makeup and toiletries and there is room in the suitcase! I've included a few art supplies of my own in hope I'll have a little time to try my hand at exploring the thrill of capturing Tuscany in a personal way.


Our neighbors returned from Italy yesterday and I culled a few words from their trip report:


1. Take money...Italy is still expensive especially the restaurants and trains. If you opt for saving money by not taking the "fast" trains, you also don't get air conditioning.
2. Be sure to slip that train/bus ticket in the yellow validating machine or risk getting caught and having to pay a 40 Euro fine even if you didn't know the drill. 
( By the way, instructions are written in English on the back of the ticket.)
3.The latest fabulous gelato is something with triple chocolate.
4. Bologna is a big and not too interesting city, Siena and Ferrara are lovely and Venice was mobbed so avoid the first and the last. 
5. Many items for sale in Italy and the duty free shops can be bought for almost the same price in the US and (in the case of Chianti) one doesn't risk having red-dyed clothes.
6. Air France First Class is the loveliest way to travel. (These people obviously have more money than we do.)


Since I'm a little ahead on the list, I think I'll take a couple of days off from thinking about Tuscany and resume on Tuesday!


Ciao.



No comments:

Post a Comment