Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Details and Such

A handy, dandy document pouch for the car has arrived. I'm certain this trip is approaching rapidly. Betsy and I have thoroughly discussed the merits of umbrella strollers and have ascertained that the stroller has to be light-weight, have the ability to recline, storage under the seat and a tray. We've both looked at a myriad of strollers and found a Peg Perego P3 ( which is Italian and a lot like taking coal to Newcastle) on Albee's baby site which she has purchased and is having shipped here. One less thing to bring from LA. It's touted as easily closed with one hand and we will see. Personally, I'm much more interested if it can stand up to the punishment of cobblestones.


Considering the amount of luggage we'll have to deal with in Rome, I've booked a shuttle service to the hotel. Again I consulted the internet and determined I trusted Rick ( we're definitely now on a first name basis ). Airportshuttle.it has sent the confirmation and I imagine we'll be estatic to see the driver upon arrival.


Two tours have now been scheduled with romanempiretours.com. That company was chosen among several with good reviews ( and all in Rick's book ) because I emailed several and asked if the baby was a problem and they emailed back immediately and said they love babies. They surely know the way to a grandmother's heart. Also their scheduled days at the Colosseum/Forum and the Vatican matched our schedule best which was the real reason they won the booking.  Being prudent, I've left the first day open to pick up our Roma Passes at Termini, get acclimated and see a bit on our own. We'll definitely plan to stroll as long as Rider can hang on.


Today was the first cut at packing. I washed a few things and am drying them "flat" to see how much they wrinkle. Being a true Southern gal, I'm a stickler for ironing clothes that need it and I'm thinking I may not have much access to an iron. I do have the requisite traveler knits as the backbone of my wardrobe and am working with black, taupe and white with dashes of aqua and yellow. Naturally, being a certain age and (again) a Southern lady, appropriate "costume" jewelry has to be selected. I'm sure it'd be easier to not take jewelry but it's pretty difficult to catch me going anywhere without lipstick on and some jewelry that matches my outfit!


That's probably enough of all that talk. I'm beginning to feel as self-absorbed as that woman who wrote Eat, Pray, Love.

1 comment:

  1. The other stroller that came in a close second was the MacLaren Techno, but it didn't have snack tray--dealbreaker!!!

    ReplyDelete