Friday, May 20, 2011

Italy On My Mind?

Today I didn't spend much time thinking about Italy or doing things to get ready. Though I did make an Amaretto Peach Cheesecake which combines Georgia and Italy and indicates ,subconsciously, I do have Italy on my mind. On the " to do" list were several incidental banking/housekeeping chores and they were quickly dispatched except for completing a trial transaction with a new debit card.


The day started with us watching Betsy on HGTV 'Over Your Head'. The episode had nothing to do with the trip but it did feel like a visit to LA. 


While shopping, I bought some antibacterial spray to use on the food tray and other hard surfaces on the airplane. After reading recently about the sanitizing of aircraft seats, trays and bathrooms, even I ,who thinks a pacifier can be merely rinsed or wiped off in an emergency, am getting a bit more paranoid. It's preferable to not arrive in Rome with Octavius' Revenge. (I just made up that disease but you know to what I am alluding.)


 Cleaning the house, doing laundry, running errands and attending my water aerobics class filled the day. While in the car, I practiced with the Berlitz Common Phrase CD. Bene! Non parlo italiano.

No comments:

Post a Comment