Thursday, May 19, 2011

Moms and Strollers

Today my preparation for Italy was a bit scant. I had to pick up Paul at the Atlanta Airport so I utilized my time in the arrival area to watch moms, dads and others traverse the airport with strollers, babies, children and assorted pieces of luggage. I believe if Betsy and I can limit ourselves to one large bag, one carry-on and a travel purse each plus a car seat in its' wheeled bag, a stroller and the baby, we can make the whole deal work out. However, it does seem a few medium bungee cords might be helpful! I did observe some people with backpacks but that's not my look and, besides, backpacks make my back ache. This was definitely "real-life" laboratory research.


Last night was a time to try out "packing cubes" and to assemble emergency items  i.e. wine opener, sewing kit, bandaids, plastic knife, fork and spoon, flashlight, SHOUT wipes, small rain poncho and antibacterial hand wipes. I also packed miniature packages of decaf tea and coffee which are often hard to find overseas. All gear was stored in a gallon zip lock bag. A few more gallon bags will be tucked in the suitcase; I always seem to find a use for them.


 I'm toying with bug spray though I've never heard of bugs being a big problem in Italy....

1 comment:

  1. I have just gone thru and read all the blogs and I feel as though I am traveling with you all. Has Rick given you bathroom information - you know that is important (you have traveled with me!) Keep up the musings - am I supposed read while drinking tea or wine (I will get the correct glass).

    ReplyDelete