Tuesday, March 6, 2012

California Dreamin'

I've made it as far as California and am happy to report Rider remembered me. No, he didn't yell out"Mimi" and throw himself into my arms but he did have a big grin when I walked in through the door and jumped and clapped. He then proceeded to race around the house shrieking.
I am currently enjoying a few moments of quiet while he naps. I am playing "grandma" today so we have been bonding since before eight this morning. I had definitely forgotten how many changes of activities it takes for an almost eighteen month old.

He has been very good so far and we haven't yet managed to break anything or use the markers on any but appropriate writing surfaces. He did spend a lot of time picking up minute pieces of mulch and throwing them over the fence into the neighbor's flower bed...it was behind some trees so no harm done. After nap time, the plan will be to take a walk, have a bath and wait for Mommy and Daddy. ( and most probably a glass of wine )

Paul will arrive late in the afternoon from work in New Mexico and, he is unaware, but I have a project in mind for the rest of the week. Rider needs an outdoor space and we will have to cleverly design one in a 53 inch wide concrete area beside the house. We do have about 20 feet of length in which to conjure up a play area. Water is accessible so I think a sandbox, small wading pool, area for cars and trucks, small plastic slide and a closed toy box should be more than adequate. This boy is on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment